Friday, September 9, 2022

Well, best-laid plans . . .

Yesterday morning Tom tested positive for Covid, so our workaday schedules have come to a grinding halt. He'd gotten the news that someone on his crew was positive, so he tested just as a precaution and was shocked to see the double lines pop up instantly. Quickly, however, he moved on from zero symptoms to moderate ones: coughing, sore throat, small fever. When I checked on him this morning, he said he thinks he might be feeling better, but we'll see.

I did a big shopping on Tuesday, so we've got plenty of supplies. For the moment I'm still negative, but I expect that will change. I am supposed to zoom-teach on Sunday afternoon, which will be awkward if I get sick, but I'm not going to fret until I have to. I kept working yesterday, editing and doing Frost Place stuff and mowing grass and freezing beans and such, as poor Tom huddled under a couch blanket and watched an interminable German silent film. I guarantee you that I will never watch an interminable German silent film when I am sick, but everyone's comfort is different.

3 comments:

Carlene Gadapee said...

Sorry it has hit your home. I hope all is well quite soon.
And omg German silent film?

Ruth said...

Sending healing and comfort

nancy said...

Our family is being laid low by the "common" cold. Hope your encounter with the virus is short and uneventful.