Tuesday, September 20, 2022

It rained all evening and all night . . . a slow cold rain outside, but inside there were lamps and blankets and a wood fire and a cat. O the charms of an autumn night: I was very, very happy to be home and healthy-ish, with a new book in hand and tuna casserole in the oven.

Today will stay cool and cloudy, and I daresay I'll be lighting the stove again this afternoon, once I muddle through my first public appearances post-Covid. I've got a Frost Place meeting this morning, and after that I will venture out to the grocery store. I'm hoping to be able to keep my mind on my tasks: the persistent brain fuzziness is abating but continues to annoy, and it makes me a little nervous about driving and decision making.

However, I am certainly better, and one of these days I might even write a poem again. You never know.

No comments: