Friday, September 2, 2022

I slept really badly last night, which is a drag, since I have a ton of things to do today and then will be driving north this evening. Maybe I'll be able to grab a nap at some point; I sure hope so.

Plus, the day will be starting off with a bang, with the furnace-cleaning guys arriving bright and early at 8 a.m. No procrastination for the weary. Blah.

I expect, when I go outside, I'll find half the garden razed to the ground. Groundhog hunger has resurfaced with a fury, which is part of why I slept so badly. I couldn't stop fretting about him. Useless at 1 a.m., but there you have it.

Here's hoping that a bit of coffee will brighten my jaded outlook. I think it might be working already. The temperature is every cool outside, down to 48 degrees--such a physical jolt after so many warm months. In a minute or so, I'll need to drag the trash to the curb, and I'm looking forward to a new scent of autumn in the shadowy morning air. 

1 comment:

Carlene Gadapee said...

We woke to 38 degrees!
Good luck with your groundhog. Maybe a humane trap is in order.