Thursday, September 22, 2022

Congratulate me on testing negative! The symptoms have not disappeared, but the active virus apparently has, so hurray. This means that I should be able to go out to the salon this evening, and I do hope I'll be feeling up to it because I very much want to write. It has been weeks since I've made any sort of poem.

Otherwise, the bouncing ball of lethargy continues to bounce. One day peppy, one day not so peppy. On the whole, though, I'm better, Tom's better, we're getting through our days, doing our jobs, managing, and that's good enough for now.

Today I'll finish up an editing chapter, work on some Frost Place scheduling, and do some class planning for Monson. It's supposed to rain all day, but I hope to walk as well. I've been slowly getting back into my exercise regimen, but I haven't yet had the urge to take a very long walk or to ride my bike. I need to remind my body it can do those things because my brain would just as soon lie on the couch and watch this very long slow German-made documentary that Tom and I have been lingering through, hours and hours of it, set in the lands along the Bering Strait. We lounge on the couch with our dinner plates watching the Chukchi people spend 45 minutes slowly cutting up seals or drying fish on lines strung between rusty barrels, as the sound of the sea slaps against the stones and guillemots cry in the cliffs. I wouldn't have thought that watching other people do their chores would make such relaxing watching, but I have now learned differently.

No comments: