Saturday, August 20, 2022

 It is so pleasant to open my eyes on a Saturday morning and remember, "I don't have to work this weekend!" Plus, I slept in till 6, and was not mutilated by the cat. So far, everything is going great.

Now I am sitting with my coffee, listening to the neighborhood begin to wake up and considering my various this-n-thats for the day. I want to go to the farmers' market and buy new potatoes and a lot of sweet corn--some for now, but most to steam and then cut off the cob for the freezer. Lobsters are on sale at the fish market, so that will be my next stop. I have the usual home things to do: watering and laundry and such. Meanwhile, T will be heading up north to a sawmill near Harmony, to buy cedar planks for the shed siding . . . a long drive but a savings of several thousand dollars over lumberyard prices.

I say I'm not working this weekend, but of course I'm always working. I need to set up a website for an upcoming class; I've got revisions to mull, and books to read, etc., etc., etc., forever and forever. But I refuse to look at that editing project, and Zoom can take a hike. 

By the way, I think I forgot to tell you that Accidental Hymn had its first review

1 comment:

nancy said...

What a wonderful review!