Sunday, July 10, 2022

Saturday turned out to be a lazy one. I did garden and I did do some minimal housework, but mostly I sat around finishing Evan Connell's Mr. Bridge and starting Muriel Spark's Reality and Dreams. Tom went for a bike ride and brought home scallops for ceviche. Then we decided to walk up to the meat market and buy some flank steak for a Sunday cookout. We drank a beer and played cards. We listened to records. We watched a movie. We talked to our son. I chased the groundhog out of the yard. It was a friendly, idling sort of day, except for the groundhogging. I do not feel at all friendly toward the groundhog.

Today I've got to grocery-shop and clean bathrooms. I'd like to sit down with a couple of poetry collections. I need to water the garden and clean out some dresser drawers. I'm happy to have these couple of slow, puttering days because this will be a busy week: in addition to working, I'll be hosting our poetry workshop group tomorrow evening, then going to a baseball game with another group of poets on Tuesday. Probably I'll write with the salon on Thursday, and next weekend I'll be driving up the midcoast for a reading in Thomaston. Who knew poets were so sociable? In Harmony I had no idea.

No comments: