Saturday, May 7, 2022

The cat and I both slept in till 6:15, a major feat for us as a team. So I woke in the magnificent bed with sunlight pouring through the east window, the window itself open, the blind gently clacking in a small wind, a cardinal's song lilting, a train rumbling past.

I've been working hard to make this a day that I spend mostly outside. I managed to catch up with desk and housework, so I'll be going seedling shopping this morning and I'll put the plants in the ground in the afternoon. I need to mow and trim and weed and deadhead tulips and hyacinths. I'll hang out the laundry and, if the temperature lets me, I'll eat lunch in the sunshine. What with all of the weekday street construction, spending a bright quiet Saturday in the yard feels urgent.

By the way: I am cordially inviting you to the book launch for Accidental Hymn, on Wednesday, May 25, 7 p.m. ET, on Zoom. The invitation link is above, in the page tabs, and also includes a link to ordering the book. I was trying to figure out the easiest way to make those sources available without constantly reprinting them, and I hope this method works.

No comments: