Thursday, May 26, 2022

 Last night I launched my newest collection, Accidental Hymn. I was, as always, nerved up. But so many people came! It was so strange and wonderful to have such an audience. I couldn't tell who exactly was there, but I glimpsed names from many facets of my life . . . a woman I went to high school with, my son's theater teacher, writing friends from many places, my sister . . . It was stunning to feel so many virtual arms around me.

I have gotten into the habit of thinking of myself as a loner, as out of the loop. But that's not really true. Time passes, friends collect. It was incredible to feel your affection. Turns out I needed that so much.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

It was a wonderful evening, a stunning comfortable reading, a real gathering of friends and supporters. The conversation with Teresa brilliant.

nancy said...

It was lovely, especially to hear some of my favorite poems in your physical voice. You are on a very short list of people who I would voluntarily go on Zoom for : )