Monday, May 23, 2022

I am home, for a little while anyway. Everything is in a holding pattern, and this seemed to be the best solution: for all of us to try to deal with daily life as best we can. My dad is in what is basically an induced coma in the ICU, with the second surgery planned for today. But according to the nurse, Dad is one of the "most boring" patients on the unit, and we all had to laugh. Boring at the ICU is good news! His vitals are good; there's no sign of infection.

And so Tom and I drove home through the 90-degree heat in our non-air-conditioned car, and he will go back to work this morning, and I will go back to work this morning, and the jackhammering will go back to work this morning, and we will wait for the results of today's surgery and see what happens when the sedation is lifted.

Of course this is the week of my book launch. Another stress, but I can do it in Vermont if I have to. I can cancel it if I have to. For now it's still happening in Maine. Thanks for being patient with me in this regard. It's impossible to be sure of anything.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Sending calming thoughts

Life happens just when it seems under control.