Tuesday, May 10, 2022

 

For some reason the construction guys did not show up yesterday, so we had another day of unexpected peace in the neighborhood. And it was sunny and 60 degrees and the garden was in a very good mood. Here are the garden boxes in the Lane: lettuce, arugula, and radishes; spinach and garlic. 



Forget-me-nots self-sowed in the back yard, and some of them are white, which was unexpected.

This is an early viburnum, loaded with pink buds that open into sweet-scented white clusters. I am delighted with this shrub. In its first year in place, it's doubled in size and covered with blossoms.


Today I'll be focusing on prep for tonight's class, and editing, and vacuuming, and probably running some errands. I've been thinking of starting a memoir essay, but I don't know if I'm quite prepared for prose immersion. It's been a while since I've done much essay writing, other than what I blather on about here. So much of my essay writing tends to dig out how my reading brain works, and I'd like to shift away from that into a new venture. But I'm not exactly sure what the venture might be.

1 comment:

David (n of 49) said...

Thanks for adding the photos. The colours and growth are very fine to see, especially given how drab things still are here.