Tuesday, May 3, 2022

 . . . and the road construction has started again. Yesterday all of the irrigation pipes reappeared, young men were hoicking out chunks of pavement, dust was flying, noise noise noise. They say another two weeks of this while they replace the waterlines they were supposed to replace last fall when they redid the sewer connections. In short: planting season is going to be on the miserable side.

But oh well. Better than failing waterlines.

I'll be teaching on Tuesday evenings for the next six weeks: another chapbook class, but this one massaged into a different format for the needs of this particular crew. So today I need to figure out my before-n-after dinner prep: something ready to put on the table after I finish zooming, which I can prepare completely before I start zooming. I haven't come up with any ideas yet, but I'll get there.

Otherwise: finishing housework, finishing laundry, editing, prepping for a Sunday-afternoon class. We got some welcome rain last night, so later this morning I'll wander outside and see how the plants are doing. I'd like to go for a bike ride today. I'd like to make an apple-rhubarb pie. I would not like to endure road construction, but that is also what I'll be doing.


No comments: