Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Yesterday was a long day--so much driving, sandwiched around an intense, day-long session with high schoolers. But I powered through, and today should be less exhausting. This morning I'll be finishing an editing project, and then I'll teach a zoom class this afternoon; in between I'll be doing laundry and packing for NYC and prepping house and garden for my departure. But at least I won't be driving for hours on either end. And tomorrow I can let the bus do all of the work.

It will be drizzly here today, and warm, and the gardens will green and glow before my eyes. All of this travel will put me behind with weeding, but such is life. I'll catch up on Monday. And I'm hoping to do some writing, or at least some intense note taking, while I'm away. After a morning in the classroom on Thursday, the rest of the trip will be play: Macbeth, the Holbein show at the Morgan, Central Park in the spring, dinners and the social whirl. Surely a few words will come.

I actually managed to write a keeper phrase during class yesterday, something that always surprises me, especially when I'm working with young people . . . not because young people are less inspirational than adults (they certainly are not) but because the lesson structure and pacing needed for kids of this age keeps me focused on them, not on myself. So I'll be happy to have that line to mess around with on the bus or the park bench . . . a small stone to ponder and play with.

No comments: