Sunday, March 20, 2022

Yesterday's rain gave me just what I needed--an easy, unhurried, convalescent Saturday at home. Proofreading Accidental Hymn was the closest thing I did to work. I did not clean the house. I did not rush around fretting about anything. I read books and watched basketball and periodically put on my raincoat and walked around in the garden in the drizzle. I made cornbread and beef-vegetable soup for dinner. I slept like a stone. And I am happy to report that my eye twitch has finally subsided. Lord, what an annoyance that's been: it's been twitching so wildly for the past week that it's been strobing my vision. Something needed to change, and something finally did.

Currently, there's a heavy fog hanging over the neighborhood, but that's supposed to lift soon and then the day will turn sunny and warmish. I feel full of pep after my cozy, rainy, non-eye-twitching Saturday. Everything outside is sodden, but I'm eager to get into the wet. I'll prune roses, I'll set pea fence . . . I do love, love, love early spring.

No comments: