Thursday, March 17, 2022


Yesterday afternoon, as I was crouched over a garden box, pouring in fresh soil and cogitating about what might go where, my publisher Jeff Haste appeared in the driveway holding the bound proof of Accidental Hymn . . . a lovely gift for a brisk March afternoon. So at last night's reading, I was able to hold it my hands, and that felt good. It will be a while before I've got books to sell, but I was very happy to have one in my hand.

Yesterday was an odd day: both busy and not busy. I talked to Teresa about the Aeneid, and I caught up with some books, and I worked outside raking and pruning and bringing out patio chairs, and then I walked down to my reading. Today will be even odder as I have three important items on my agenda: make a chocolate birthday cake, get my hair cut, go to a birthday party. A classic 1950s lady's day. I intend to enjoy it. Tomorrow I'll be back at my desk, working on Monson curriculum and catching up with Frost Place things. But today is all about cake.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Love that last line. I know you are not "into" prompts, but I intend to see where that will take me! Happy St. Gertrude's Day to all of you and especially Ruckus!!🐈‍⬛🐈🐕😻