Sunday, January 23, 2022

I slept till 7:15 this morning, and the cat also slept till 7:15, so I am well rested but confused by so much comfort. I don't know what got into the cat; he is usually eager to jump on me and bite me and otherwise make me eager to get out of bed and away from his machinations. But this morning he was happily curled up in the crook of Tom's leg as if he'd never been the sort of cat who would push an antique dish off a dresser just to get my attention.

Anyway, here I am, finally. We were out and about with the young people yesterday, eating oysters and hotdogs and drinking good beer and meeting an extremely attractive Newfoundland dog, and then coming home and taking naps and then eventually eating mussel risotto and miso bok choy and discussing the weirdness of the football games.

It's been a really good visit, but today they'll be heading back to the city, so I'll be washing sheets and feeling a little weepy and getting used to cooking for two again.


No comments: