Monday, December 20, 2021

 My chapbook seminar ended yesterday, and I always feel bittersweet at these moments: just as everyone has really bonded, the class is over. But I, and I'm sure the participants, also need to move forward into this looming holiday week, which is always cluttered and chaotic. Today I'm starting a new editing job, and tonight I've got a zoom meeting with my poetry group, and then tomorrow I start a new sort-of-teaching project. I'll be working till spring in a Telling Room program called Young Emerging Authors, which matches promising high school writers with professional writers. Each young person is working on a manuscript, which the Telling Room will publish later this year, and the mentor serves as a coach throughout the process. I've worked with the Telling Room as a classroom presenter, but this will be the first time I've taken part in the mentoring program, and I'm very much looking forward to getting to know one young poet in this intense way.

Unfortunately, I'm still struggling with my glasses. Progressive trifocals are a challenge, always. Even though I kept the old lenses when I got new frames last week, the frames sit slightly differently on my face, so the effect is the same as getting new lenses: blur, headaches, weariness, until my eyes finally adjust to the positioning. 

This morning's dream-book entry, in entirety: "A skit involving Korny the Vaccinated Krone." Make of that what you will.

No comments: