Friday, December 31, 2021

Things I've been grateful for in 2021

The urge to write that would not stop but took a turn for the crazy

My mother survived her heart surgery and is thriving

Intense happiness in the presence of my sons; pleasure and pride in their independence

Being with Tom every day

My garden

My father's garden

Neighborliness

Reading books and books and books

My sister as co-pilot in thorny situations

My central Maine beloveds

Young people

Poets and novelists and students and listeners and arguers

Nina Simone

That stupid cat

Birds and salt marshes

An exercise regimen

Vaccinations

Planning and teaching new and challenging classes

Poems published, a manuscript accepted

Hardly driving at all

My magnificent mattress

New boots that don't hurt my feet

New glasses (finally) that don't hurt my face

A big noisy glorious family Christmas

A quiet room



1 comment:

Ruth said...

And THAT my dear friend, is quite the list!!

MAY 2022 BE KIND TO US ALL