Wednesday, June 16, 2021

I spent yesterday morning working on my conference syllabus . . . copying out our featured Frost poem, working on writing prompts, sussing out a lesson plan. I've still got work to do, but I'm getting matters under control, which feels good.

Then, in the afternoon, I transplanted cabbages and chard, sowed patches of beans and cilantro, harvested arugula and herbs, and went for a long walk with Paul. Only two more days with the boy in the house, before he embarks on his three-week western odyssey with his brother: the times, they are a-changin around here.

We've suddenly had two places open up in the conference. If you know of anyone who might be interested in joining us this summer (June 26-July 1), please let me know as soon as possible. Yes, we'll be online again this year, but I promise you that the experience will be collegial and revivifying. I'd love to spend time with you.

What else is new? . . . oh yes, I've got a new poem up at Vox Populi: "Nocturne: A Marriage." 

2 comments:

nancy said...

I love your poems about marriage, especially long term. How love changes and deepens and gets a catch in the throat at the thought of the time ahead.

Dawn Potter said...

I'm really glad you like it, Nancy.