Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Yesterday was a typical frenetic Monday--exercise class, editing, housework, groceries, laundry, dinner--though I did find 45 minutes to weed my very-in-need strawberry bed and to plant a new hydrangea. I want to say that I am done with this season's perennial and shrub planting, but I imagine that something else will tempt me. Still, I think that the Hill Country is now in pretty good shape. My goal was to create a low hedge of various seasonal bloomers, and I now have a white rose, a yellow rose, a bridal-veil spiraea, a white azalea, an andromeda, and three blue-pink hydrangeas running along the property line. Three of those shrubs were serious reclamation projects, but they seem to be holding their own.

Today, two weeks after my second vax, I am now fully protected against Covid. Tom hits two weeks tomorrow, the same day that Paul gets his second shot. In another two weeks our household will open its doors, and I am grateful and excited and longing to see people.

In the meantime, I will keep chipping away at this editing project. I hope to be largely done with it by week's end, and then maybe I'll have a chance to think about writing poems again.

No comments: