Wednesday, March 31, 2021

I seem to have lucked out: other than a mildly stiff left arm, I have had zero reactions to my first Pfizer vaccine. In fact, I felt so peppy yesterday that I went on two walks, plus hauled and spread 200 pounds of gravel. No aches, no malaise, nothing.

So this morning I'll be back to my normal schedule: exercise class, hanging laundry, editing. The temperature is supposed to reach 60 degrees today, and I'd like to get another batch of seeds planted before the rains come in tonight. I need to sit down with Paul and make our Easter dinner shopping list.

I've been re-reading Iris Murdoch's The Sacred and Profane Love Machine, and I brought it along with me to the vaccine clinic, so as to have something to do while waiting around after my shot. Two separate people commented on the fact that I was carrying a book. Nurse 1: "Is it a mystery?" Me: "No, it's a novel by Iris Murdoch written in the 1970s." Nurse 1: [look of semi-horror]. Me: [politely defensive] "I like to read." And later, in the waiting area, Nurse 2: "Oh, my goodness, you have a book!" Me: [eyes bulging] "Yes."

Question: Is carrying a fat hardback around in a public place like carrying a boa constrictor?

1 comment:

David (n of 49) said...

'Is carrying a fat hardback around in a public place like carrying a boa constrictor?' - Ha!!