Sunday, January 3, 2021

Yesterday's kitchen-cupboard cleanout bonanza went more slowly than I'd hoped, but I did manage to wash and reorganize all of the dishes and cookware. That leaves me the pantry and spice shelves as well as the under-the-sink space to finish . . . plus all of the regular housework. Blah. I guess we'll see what actually gets done, because I also need to grocery-shop: the only vegetables in this house are carrots. Already Sunday is shaping up to be one of those days.

Ah, well. At least the cat let me sleep till 6 a.m. At least we have money in the account to grocery-shop with. At least we haven't had any electrical emergencies for, like, 10 days.

Tomorrow I'll start stepping back into my work: editing a manuscript, prepping for a lecture on character in poetry, prepping for a weekend poetry retreat, beginning a 6-week collaboration with a painter for Art in Common Places . . . also, blessedly, getting a haircut. According to the boys, my hair currently resembles a water buffalo's horns. These housemates of mine sure do know how to make a girl feel pretty.


No comments: