Monday, July 6, 2020

James will arrive this evening. In the meantime, I have two meetings today, plus stacks of new editing to address before I vanish into the woods on Sunday. Apparently I have jumped straight from the rock to the hard place, job-wise. Ah, well. Not complaining, not complaining. Yesterday I scoured the bathroom floor; Paul washed windows; Tom worked on the countertop. Today, amid job stuff, I'll prep the welcome-home dinner (fire-grilled shrimp and steak tips, stir-fried bok choi, farro, pineapple ice cream) and try to calm myself down with occasional doses of Barchester Towers. Working with both boys home seems nigh on impossible, and yet I've got to do it. Somehow I managed when they were little.

1 comment:

Carlene Gadapee said...

I'm excited for you to have everyone under foot!
I suspect you could rig up a standing desk for outdoors under a canopy or something (screenhouse office?).
I envy you your ice cream machine.

Enjoy!