Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sorry about the late post this morning. I was up and out early for a peony-walk with a friend at the local Audubon preserve. And then I came home and talked to my son on the phone, and cleaned bathrooms, and started bread rising, and picked a few strawberries, and called my dad. And now I am sitting, finally, and I thought I'd say hello and How about those K-Pop kids and their TikTok prank?! They made my day . . . and I say that even though their prank probably made less of a difference than they thought it did. The importance, and the delight, lies in the fact that these young people mustered their own form of collective power to make a statement against the hideousness that is a Trump rally. I want to hug them all.

Meanwhile, my lovely family is inventing pretend ways to "help out" while I'm running the Frost Place conference in the back room, as in: "Hey, Dawn! How about Tom and I start a band and rehearse while you're on Zoom? We'll cover entire Fleetwood Mac albums, death-metal style! We'll call ourselves the Gnu Plague!"

See what you'll be missing if you don't sign up quick?

3 comments:

Carlene Gadapee said...

I'm kind of interested in the Gnu Plague...where can I get tickets? hehehee

See you soon...

Dawn Potter said...

I told them they needed to perform a song at the end of every CPT day. In costume.

Carlene Gadapee said...

Ooo...!!!