Sunday, July 7, 2019

Yesterday's heat was nearly unbearable. It was far too hot in the house to do anything physical, so I caught up on some mending and then decided to start reorganizing the books on the shelves. I imagined that this might be a relatively low-energy task, perfect for a sweltering afternoon. But no. Who knew you could sweat so much from alphabetizing?

Thankfully it did finally rain, though Tom and I managed to get caught in it without umbrellas and came home soaked to the skin.

Also, I only got up to E in fiction, and the dining room is strewn with novels.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Alphabetizing my saved children's books stored in the attic in a book nook created by my resident cellar dweller!!!!! Now THAT would not be a job for yesterday's weather!! However, deciding if one needs to have a very strict method or a general *all the a's, b's, etc. together, is exhausting! My attic floor is strewn with books that didn't quite fit in the space allotted and hence needed a different plan!! Ay de mí!!!

David (n of 49) said...

I kinda like the idea of a room "strewn with novels." Especially a dining room. Then you could write passages from them on the walls. Sigh: if only the paint job wasn't so new...