Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Home again, after two days packed with driving and not enough sleep. But now there's a boy in the house, and that's a big plus. So laundry today, and lots of desk work, and some errand running; and steak au poivre for dinner, and baseball on the radio, and the boy's playlists singing in the kitchen.

The garden is flush with salad greens: arugula, spinach, lettuce. I can pick parsley by the handful now, and garlic chives and sorrel. Peas are thick, strawberries in flower. Even the okra is up--my first ever shot at growing this beautiful tall plant with its fig-shaped leaves and huge creamy flowers. The only vegetable letting me down is the cucumber, which refuses to germinate. I guess I'll have to buy a seedling.

I should have the Chestnut Ridge printer's proof in my hands later today. I've got so much editing to do, a batch of poems to read for a student, teaching gigs to prep, and more house guests arriving on Friday. Somehow I'll figure it all out.

No comments: