Monday, April 29, 2019

Today will be one of those doctor's-appointment-at-an-awkward-time, hard-to-get-work-done days, but at least it will be sunny. It might also be the first grass mow of the season, but we'll see what transpires with the rest of my hours. Already this morning I've been rapidly trying to design a possible weekend writing retreat, planning for the class I'm currently immersed in teaching, cogitating about the Monson sessions, organizing my Frost Place thoughts, and I haven't even gotten dressed yet.  If things stay this busy, I may soon be showing up in your classroom in my red bathrobe. Please make sure the coffeepot is full.

Progress of spring: Tulips opening, as are a few scant daffodils. Compost pile turned and raked. Old collapsing firewood racks torn apart. Fence no longer falling down. Wildflower seeds planted along the backyard edges.  Dahlias roots planted along the front sidewalk. Male cardinal caroling Cheer Cheer in an ash sapling. Poem brewing behind my eyes, under my fingers, along the ripples of my throat.

No comments: