Tuesday, February 5, 2019

This new driving/teaching schedule is manageable only because it happens every other day. I love teaching but I would be a miserable full-time employee. Today, thank goodness, I'll be home--reading manuscripts in my yellow chair, organizing Frost Place stuff, mucking around with ideas for Saturday's love poem workshop, catching up with Richard III.

The weather is supposed to rise into the 50s this afternoon, and the trees must be so confused. From my bedroom window I can see the buds swelling on my neighbor's lilac. I know spring comes earlier in Portland than it does in Harmony . . . but not this early. Still, there's nothing to do but enjoy the moment. Walking the muddy streets with an unzipped coat and no hat, in February: it's hard to complain about that.

No comments: