Monday, September 17, 2018

Thanks to everyone who responded so fully on the first Richard III reading assignment. I'm going to give us all a day or so to keep talking to one another about our reactions, and then I'll post a second assignment.

I feel like I've been living under a peculiar cloud lately, mostly because I've been dealing with an odd health issue that has required a battery of tests, all of which are showing that nothing seems to be wrong, which of course is good news, but still, the odd health issue comes and goes and I'm gnashing my teeth over our horrible health insurance . . . well, you know that story. And then last night Tom and I both came down with what seems likely to have been food poisoning. Jeez Louise.

Meanwhile, there's been great news. It looks like I will be teaching poetry and essay workshops for 24PearlStreet, the online writing program of the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, Massachusetts. This feels wonderful and also a bit dizzying because some of the other instructors are major poetry names: for instance, Kim Addonizzio and Carolyn Forche have both taught for 24PearlStreet. I'm not sure when my first offerings will start, but you can check out the other classes that are currently available.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Sending healing energy

David (n of 49) said...

Ugh, food poisoning. Hoping it passes quick for both of you. Congratulations though on the workshop position! Sounds like a VERY big deal. Well done you. And, lucky workshoppers!

Carlene Gadapee said...

Keeping good thoughts for you in this health thing...hope it all passes soon.
And WOWZERS!! Yahoo! The online workshop offerings they have posted look fabulous, and having your expertise added to their lineup will be awesome!