Monday, August 13, 2018

Our gig was excellent yesterday afternoon--three hours beside a lake, alongside a cheerful and attentive crowd. It was worth driving 5 hours back and forth. And then I came home to a kitchen smelling of cinnamon buns, courtesy of the canoe boy, who was having fun with ingredients while I was gone.

The forecast is for showers, today, tomorrow, Wednesday, and I've got desk work, beans to pick, a son to play with, a lunch visit with a college friend I haven't seen for 30 years. . . . I'd like to get back to copying out some poems: maybe more Akhmatova, maybe something different. A poet friend has asked me if I'd like to do a podcast with him, so that's an intriguing maybe. What topics would you like to hear two very different but amicable poets discuss?

6 comments:

Carlene Gadapee said...

Would the podcast be craft-oriented, poets you admire, or the role of the poet in society? Or all of it? I'd listen. =)

And cinnamon buns sound awesome.

Miss you!

Dawn Potter said...

No idea what Mr. Nate has in mind, but he's likely to be open to all ideas. Tell him what you'd prefer.

Miss you too!

David (n of 49) said...

Ditto Carlene's above for me. :)

Ruth said...

Ditto as well and also approaches to helping others discover that they too have a poet voices.

BTW inspired choice to have Nate @ CPT

Dawn Potter said...

He made a splash, didn't he? I was proud of him.

Ruth said...

yes special soul