Wednesday, August 22, 2018

I usually try to find some way into sympathy with my fellow humans, but I tell you: Trump's very bad news yesterday makes me entirely gleeful. He deserves to go down hard, and I hope he does.

I've been busy this morning finishing up an editing project, catching up on billing, etcetera, etcetera. Rain is drizzling down, slowly but steadily. The boy and I have exciting plans to go to the DMV later today, and maybe I'll take him out to lunch afterward, as recompense for his bureaucratic boredom. I also need to catch up on reading a few stories, poems, and essays in embryo, which various friends have sent me and which have been sitting in my inbox waiting for me to get to them.

Here is an announcement from our dear cranky William Blake, which I randomly read this morning and am now sending to you:
A Pretty Epigram for the Entertainment of those who have Paid Great Sums in the Venetian & Flemish Ooze
Nature & Art in this together Suit
What is Most Grand is always most Minute
Rubens thinks Tables Chairs & Stools are Grand
But Rafael thinks A Head a foot a hand

No comments: