Monday, July 30, 2018

New week, new state of mind. It looks like my dad will be released from the hospital today, which is the best of all possible news. After much airport tribulation, my son finally made it back to his own bed. I got through Saturday's gig and was able to spend a sweet, slow, revivifying Sunday with Tom. So this morning I am ready to deal with the editing and teaching stuff I tossed into the gutter last Sunday night.

In addition starting to copyedit a new manuscript, I've got to prep for two writing workshops, one of which I'll be teaching next week. I've got two gigs on Saturday. I've got a week's worth of house and yard chores to do. Right now is a great time not to own 40 acres, a barn full of goats and chickens, and a giant unstacked woodpile.

But it will be good to get back to work instead of driving and driving and sitting in hospital chairs and driving and driving and talking to doctors and listening to beeping machines and driving and driving and worrying all night long.

No comments: