Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Yesterday's teacher meeting was an utter joy: I am so excited about this poetry residency I'll be co-facilitating this spring. My fellow teaching artist is a delight, the classroom teacher is a delight, and I already know several of the kids from last year's residency. Plus, this year I can walk to work among budding trees and riotous tulips.

For the moment, however, winter is still clutching at us, so today I'll be prepping for my Smith class and hoping that tomorrow's weather report is fake news. I really hate driving in snow. If things look truly terrible, I'll go down early, early on Thursday morning instead--another version of unpleasantness but perhaps a safer one. Anyway, we'll see what transpires.

In the meantime, I need to find something to read. I finished the Ishiguro novel, I'm bored of the New Yorker, and my house is full of boxes of books with no shelves to put them on. I'm loath to do too much unpacking at this point, but I might burrow into one or two and see what I find. Or I might just go to the library and see what accidental volume decides to fall into my hands.


2 comments:

Carlene said...

I highly recommend Why Bob Dylan Matters. I keep thinking, "O, I wish Dawn could be reading this, too, so we could talk about the poetic influences of the classics on Dylan's work"...the author presents a pretty good argument for Dylan's poetic influence on the American literary/cultural landscape.

Ruth said...

A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles However, an accidental book, like an accidental travel is not an unwelcome companion.