Saturday, December 16, 2017

This morning I feel a bit more energized, but yesterday I wondered if I'd reached the end of my exhaustion rope. Two days of driving, followed immediately by an afternoon of frantic room painting, then grocery shopping, then making dinner . . . and in the midst of my busy day someone slid into the back of my car--fortunately at such a slow speed that neither of us had any damage, but for a few sickening moments I thought I would have to factor car accident into the stresses of the season. Oddly, even the realization that all is well car-wise contributed to my sense of imminent collapse. And when I look back at this list of "things that are making me tired," I note that none is particularly strenuous. Much of my weariness is simply marathon-related, and I feel guilty about even mentioning it, given that Tom is so much more wrung out. But we are crawling over the finish line, no doubt about it.

At least now we have one strong young man on the premises to help us move. I need to acquire at least one more, and figure out a moving date, and rent a truck. We still have no plumbing, but Tom is starting to lay tile this morning. So I think we will have a floor ready for the appliance delivery next Friday.

Now I need to go eat my breakfast, and pack a lunch for Tom, and load some movables into the car, and and and and and. I hope that you are having a pleasantly slow Saturday with coffee and a book. It will make me feel better if at least one of us is.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Soul exhaustion

Carlene said...

What a pace you have been keeping!! My thoughts are with you...wish I were there to lug a few boxes.