Tuesday, October 31, 2017

No tree damage at the Alcott House, just an inch and a half of rainwater in the basement. Looks like we have to add "sump pump" to our list of home improvements. Sigh.

Anyway, we have an intact roof, not like the people three houses down, who are dealing with a sidewalk tree that toppled into their front porch, got all tangled up with wires, and, ugh, what a mess. I read somewhere that 150 street and park trees fell in Portland alone; I assume that figure doesn't include the fallen trees on private property.

My friends up north say the damage is bad there, too, and now they've got long-term power problems as well. The doll-house lost electricity for several hours yesterday, but for some reason Alcott House did not, despite the tree debacle down the street. I guess this is the definition of urban luxury. If I were living in Harmony, I'd still be in the dark.

No comments: