Thursday, September 28, 2017

Today I think the weather will moderate to something more akin to September in Maine. It's about time. I love summer, but this weather has been exhausting.

My John Brown book arrived yesterday, thank goodness; and when Tom got home and saw it on the coffee table, he asked, "How many chapters have you read already?" Fortunately, I preserved my self-respect and was able to say in a dignified manner, "I did not have time to read today. I only got through the preface and part of chapter 1."

But guess what? I switched paint colors! Now instead of Ceiling White, everything I touch will be French Moire, which in case you were wondering is kind of a subdued robin's egg blue. It's going on the walls of our bedroom and my study, to be accompanied with, eventually, On the Rocks trim and a Sunny Veranda alcove. (That's pale grey and bright yellow, for those not in the know.)

I also filled out two W-9 forms, which, though dull on the surface, is a signal that two institutions are preparing to pay me some money. So that had its charms as well.

As you can see, my life is full of poetry.

2 comments:

Carlene said...

That blue (French Moire) is lovely ( I looked it up)--makes it feel like one can breathe.

Enjoy the fun!

David (n of 49) said...

Reader self-respect is important. And besides, it's not as if the book is going to lie a-moldering...