Friday, January 6, 2017

Well, I made it to the north and back, and, yes, the driving was horrible, and, yes, I did have to check out conditions at the Harmony house, which I had been dreading. But on the bright side I did get to play music for a few hours, and I did spend the night with some dear friends, and I did discover that the house is in perfectly fine shape, with no broken pipes or dead heaters or meth labs or anything.

Now here I am, back in the doll house, without enough sleep, but with the prospect of spending too much time on the phone talking to utility companies. The closing date and time have been finalized for next Friday. In a week we will no longer be landowners.

People keep telling me, "You must be finding a lot to write about." That has not been true. Since our move to Portland, the writing I do for you is the sum total of what I've been able to say about anything.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Well I for one, look forward to the writing you do "for us"!