Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mundane question: Would you consider reviewing The Vagabond's Bookshelf? Even writing an Amazon review? Or maybe interviewing me about the process of writing the book? Or maybe asking me to read from it or lead a workshop? This would be such an enormous help, especially any kind of review, so thank you, thank you. Let me know if you need a copy, and I will tell the publisher.

Less mundane question: Does anyone want to go back to reading poems together?

The opposite of a mundane question:
Every angel is terrifying. And yet, alas,
I invoke you, almost deadly birds of the soul,
knowing about you.

--Rilke, "The Second Elegy"

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I would love to go back to reading poems together.

Carlene said...

I agree; back to poems! Shall we choose a new poet?

Tom said...

Since you've begun copying Rilke, perhaps he'd make a good poet to read together. I'd be game.

Peg said...

Sure. I will need a review copy...

Dawn Potter said...

(1) Peg, that's wonderful! Thank you: could you email me your mailing address so that I can forward it to the publisher?

(2) Rilke is definitely a reading possibility. How do others here feel about that?

Carlene said...

I don't mind doing Rilke again, since we only covered the letters the last time. Or we could maybe do an American poet? I'm game for about anything, per usual.