Monday, July 13, 2015

Already it's been an inside-out day. Because of the heat, I started dinner at 6:30 a.m. and mowed grass at 7, and am trying to get three loads of laundry hung out on the lines early enough to beat any thunderstorms.

Dinner will be chilled snow-pea soup with dill and sour cream, followed by fresh orange gelatin, so I had to put things together early in order to get them properly cold by this evening. Tom and I have been eating late on these hot nights, sometimes close to 8, at a table on the screened porch, where we can listen to the thrush sing and watch the bats fly against the pale night sky.

I appreciate all your comments on yesterday's post. Let me reiterate: I like these conversations, and I look forward to them, but I do get squeezed. As David pointed out, it's not easy to keep a regular blog. Perhaps I should just allow myself skip more days without feeling guilty about it. I don't know; we'll see what happens.

In any case: regarding the Tu Fu project--let me know when your copies arrive, so I'll have a better notion of when to begin. Because these translations are under copyright, I can't post more than a stanza or so within the discussions, so you'll really need your own books in order to participate.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I look forward to our conversations as they are a literate oasis in, what for someof us, is a desert of "Huh???" and "I never read".
Please do give yourself permission to skip days. I shall miss the contact, but will understand completely.

Carlene said...

Ditto, Ruth's comment.
And your dinner sounds amazing.
Wouldn't it be fun to work on a --not cookbook--but a food/photo/poetry coffee table book? (not that you need any other projects, but hey...in the distant future) Sort of a personal sustainability study. Hm.

And thank you. Skip days as needed. Use the blog primarily for YOU...we'll just hang around, enjoying both the silences and the commentary!

David (n of 49) said...

Have to ditto both Carlene and Ruth. And as David said the other day, a blog is a lot of work. If you need to skip, please do. And while I think I understand, and respect, your reluctance to post a "please donate" button, you needn't be. We've all profited from your blog these past many years. No matter what, we'll still, as Carlene says, "hang around", enjoying whatever commentary or silences are on offer. :-)

Richard said...

Yes, thank you for seeking to sustain our playful search for common readers and fresh ways to say thank you.