Thursday, April 16, 2015

I have been very sick ever since returning from AWP. What started off as a plain old cold began to blossom into something close to pneumonia, and I was kind of scared last night. This morning, however, I feel like I am finally returning to plain-old-cold status. Three cheers for a scratchy throat and clear lungs.

Although spring has arrived in Harmony, my eyes have been sensitive to light and I haven't been able to spend any time outside in the sunshine. Perhaps today I will be able sit on the stoop, maybe even prune a few scraggly roses or scratch around a little among the daffodil shoots. Maybe I'll be able to take some pictures of our mud and snowpiles and crocuses and Ruckus whizzing among the derisive squirrels.

I am still rereading Adam Bede, slowly and sadly. Bad things are about to happen to all of the characters.

No comments: