Monday, December 29, 2014

I came home on Sunday night to a stack of mail, including a package that turned out to contain a copy of the latest edition of The Autumn House Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry. And I just want to say: if you're a publisher and you want your book cover to cheer up a minor regional poet, include her name in a list titled "A comprehensive selection of work by 106 important American poets." Personally, I was very cheered up.

Now I must turn my thoughts to step 1 of the new editorial assignment that has appeared in my inbox: e.g., "Is there a desk under this mess?" In the meantime, as I remove cat footprints and reshelve books and throw away mysterious scraps of paper, you can pass three seconds' worth of time glancing at this picture of Doughty Hill performing "Wagon Wheel" yesterday morning.


3 comments:

Ruth said...

And as my band family says if you play Wagon Wheel, the whole State will sing along. I like that song, luckily because in one day, I heard a bluegrass band, my band friends and a celtic trio do it. Each time everyone sang along.

Maureen said...

Great company in that anthology. Congratulations.

Dawn Potter said...

Thanks, Maureen! And, yes, Ruth: for some reason, everyone loves "Wagon Wheel."