Monday, July 21, 2014

In early September I'll be teaching on Star Island, off the coast of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, at an annual retreat called Writers in the Round. The retreat has a double focus--poetry and songwriting--and I will be this year's poet. I thought I'd mention it today because I know at least a few of you readers are musicians who might enjoy a songwriting workshop on an island, especially during bird migration season.

On another note: if any of you feels like reviewing Same Old Story, or interviewing me about it, or bringing me in to talk to your students or friends about it, or anything of the sort, I'd really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Keith said...

There was an interesting story about Star Island's reduction of diesel consumption recently. That is such an amazingly isolated place it simple piques the imagination.

http://nhpr.org/post/star-island-seeks-go-solar-serve-energy-example

Dawn Potter said...

I'm looking forward to it. I love islands and have a self-destructive "I could wish" dream of moving to one.