Monday, March 10, 2014

We're forecast for a big snowstorm on Wednesday. There are many Marches when I'd be gnashing my teeth about this news, but all I care about now is No More 10-Below-Zero.

I'm back to steady desk work this week after spell on the road, which means I'll be doing a lot of editing and perhaps making a few choked-up attempts to publicize my book. Last night I dreamed I had gone back to visit a school that had decided not to hire me as a teacher, only to discover that the teacher it had hired was a mysterious troll. Everyone in the dream, including the troll and all the staff members whom I'd thought had liked me before they decided not to hire me, were friendly and welcoming. We spent much of my dream blandly examining large rolls of paper together and wandering the halls looking for the dining room. The troll got along well with the schoolgirls and seems to have been the perfect hire.

No comments: