Saturday, February 22, 2014

A glorious sunny morning, and a forecast claiming that the temperature will climb to 40 degrees today. I think I will now stop puzzling over the weather and simply luxuriate in the idea that I might not have to wear three pairs of gloves.

And here's another thing: I just got offered a reading in New York City . . . June 12 in Bryant Park, with January Gill O'Neill and my dear Teresa Carson. And both January and Teresa know hundreds of people who live in NYC, so very possibly we might even have an audience. And it will be summer, and I will have a new book to read from, and there won't be any blackflies, and I won't have any grass to mow, and Ruckus won't be around to break stuff, and you might even lay eyes on my towering 16-year-old.

It has been years since I've been to New York, and I do love it so.

4 comments:

Richard said...

What a welcome greeting on a glorious sunny morning -- new blue, perhaps, like "Type the text" invigorating, a word verification, and not quite the same old story.

Maureen said...

Really delighted about your NYC reading, Dawn. I hope you have a great turnout.

I've got a reading there, too, at International Arts Movement, April 23, with three other fine poets.

And our temps are heading again today to 60, with next week promising snow.

Dawn Potter said...

Wonderful news about your reading, Maureen. I wish we could overlap one of these days.

Dawn Potter said...

A "word verification" . . . Richard, you make me laugh.