Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beloit Poetry Journal's Poet's Forum

As I mentioned a month or so ago, the editors of the Beloit Poetry Journal invited all of the poets featured in the current "long poem" issue to take part in an online forum about the place of the long poem in their own lives and in the larger world of poetry. Our various remarks now appear on the BPJ blog, and you might be interested in noting the similarities and differences among them. I've been anxious to read what my fellow long-poemers have to say; and though I feel that, compared to some, I come across as a hysterical adolescent, I also think we share certain continuities associated with time, synthesis of material, narrative structure, and literary influence. This forum is a good chance for you to step into the conversation, and I hope you do. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say.

No comments: