Monday, February 4, 2013

Upcoming events

Stuff I'm doing, and will you be there?

This Wednesday, February 6, I'll be at the Grand Theatre in Ellsworth to judge the northern Maine regional finals for the state Poetry Out Loud competition.

On Saturday evening, February 9, I'll be at the East Sangerville Grange in Sangerville, Maine, playing fiddle and singing with Sid Stutzman and Brian Hall and looking forward to our next show, when--we dearly hope--Craig Stutzman will be back to playing in the band.

On March 2 I'll be leading a workshop in Portland for the Maine Writers & Publishers Alliance: "The Art of the Lyric Essay." I'm very excited about getting a chance to stretch my prose-teaching wings.

On March 7 at 10 a.m. I'll be in Boston at the AWP convention, signing A Poet's Sourcebook at the Autumn House table.

And on March 22, I'll be leading a workshop about poetry in the classroom at the annual convention of the Maine Council of English Language Arts in Northport.

On the horizon is a big reading in April at the University of Southern Maine featuring several well-known Maine women poets. I don't have details about that event yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: