Friday, November 30, 2012

So as not to bore you with the Poet's Sourcebook snapshots, I am taking a break today to tell you that YES, FINALLY I WROTE A POEM ABOUT FOOD! Why has it taken me a lifetime to figure out how to do this? Jeesh.

In teaching news, I want to mention that on March 2 I will be offering my first-ever nonfiction workshop, "The Art of the Lyric Essay," for the Maine Writers and Publishers Alliance. I'm quite pleased about this opportunity; so if you're in the area and feel like being a lyric-essay lab rat, I hope you'll come lounge around with me in Portland that day.

In romance news, Tom and I have decided to give each other a chest freezer for Christmas because there is nothing more lover-like than two people who share an energy-efficient appliance that does not require them to hack out six inches of frost twice a year with an oyster knife.

And in music news, my band and I are playing and singing tomorrow night at the East Sangerville Grange, opening for Denny Breau. Come hang out with Tom and me afterward as we drink coffee and buy ten or so pieces of cake for our bored yet insatiable teenager.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

What could be more romantic than hacking ice together?! Thanks for the smile.

Congrats on the teaching gig, too.

Are you going to submit your food poem to Alimentum Journal?

Dawn Potter said...

I'm thinking about it, Maureen. I've liked that journal for a while but never have anything to submit.