Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tomorrow I'm reading in the Portland Public Library's Brown Bag Lecture Series, a lunchtime program that earlier this year featured novelist Richard Ford. I expect my audience to be much smaller than his was. But you could prove me wrong.

This morning's project is figuring out what to read, so if you have wishes, pass them along. It will cheer me to know you're thinking of me as I embark on this afternoon's project, which is taking a kid to the dentist, browsing among the flea-kill stock at Agway, and loading a cut-and-wrapped pig into the back of my car. A poet's life is so poetic.

But enough of this errand-moping; let's get back to the schedule. I'll be in NYC during the weekend of September 22 and 23, and if you are interested in setting up a reading, a workshop, or a Frost Place-related outreach program that might overlap those dates, let me know. I could read with you, for instance.

No comments: