Friday, August 5, 2011

Yesterday's mail brought me the Sewanee Review's summer issue, which includes my essay "Dickens: A Love Letter." I've been told that eventually the editors plan to excerpt a bit of that essay on the Sewanee website; I'll let you know when that happens.

In the meantime, here's an odd thing: my friend Nate Fisher decided to put my poem "Clockwork" to music. Nate is an MFA candidate at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and "Clockwork" is forthcoming in the program's journal, Sou'wester. Here's the link to Nate's recording. (Perhaps I'm being fussy, but I feel bound to explain that he does add other words before starting in on the poem.)

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I watched Nate Fisher's video on FB earlier. I always find it so interesting to see how others in the arts interpret poetry. More and more videopoems are appearing. Some, like Dave Bonta's and the ones at MotionPoems, are especially creative.

Congratulations on the publication of your essay and your poem's forthcoming appearance.