Friday, June 18, 2010

Last night's reading took place in the far-off wilds of Bethesda, which appears to me to be a mysterious land of crosswalks, high rises, and parking garages. Not too many people showed, but fortunately I brought a posse. And then I had the surprise of glancing up and seeing a Harmony girl there: She baby-sat my kids! She attended their birthday parties! And there she sat in faraway Bethesda! I was flummoxed!--(though of course when I thought clearly about it I remembered she was going to law school around the corner in the wilds of Virginia). I also had the pleasure of seeing acquaintances from college whom I hadn't laid eyes on for 24 years, including John Feffer, aforementioned in my previous post about the New York Times. So that was lovely.

Yesterday's strangest event: on our way home from the reading, Lucy found a meat thermometer in the Metro.

Today's strangest event: Tom and Paul claim to be going on a tour of the L. Ron Hubbard House. Tom says he will leave all his money with me in case he becomes too tempted. . . .

No comments: