Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Writer's Almanac exposure has had many unexpected results. Strangers have telephoned my house. Old friends have sent emails. And now a press wants to anthologize some of my poems. "Nostalgia" (from Boy Land) and "Why I Didn't Finish Reading David Copperfield" and "Eclogue 2" (from How the Crimes Happened) will be reprinted in The Autumn House Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry, 2nd edition, scheduled for publication in spring 2011. The link here is to the first edition; I don't know who else will be included in the new one.

By the way, Sima Rabinowitz at NewPages has rave-reviewed the winter issue of the Beloit Poetry Journal. Read it and see if you agree. (Full disclosure: I'm on Beloit's editorial board but feel as if I function mostly as its disagreeable black sheep.)

No comments: